How is the meetup improving in 2018 based on survey feedback?
The NEW format for our meetup:
A sneak peak into 2018…
- Content Design
“What was your LEAST favorite part of the meetup?”
- Not enough chances to meet people besides name tags. We have new dedicated networking time!
- ….Speaker ran a little long…I think something a little shorter would’ve been nice. All speaker sessions are 20-30 minutes now, with intentional, guided Q&A afterwards.
- ….Only thing that seemed too long was having everyone introduce themselves and their podcast. I understand why and like the idea of it, but it got a little long. We heard this loud and clear. We are no longer doing this, but will have valuable networking time after Q&A.
- I felt that there needed to be more networking time. We’re bringing it!
- Not enough content that is applicable across podcast topic. Yes – much more focus is on the way here.
- Talks weren’t always related to podcasting or lead by podcasters. TRUE! We went too wide – all sessions will be more focused and led by active podcasters.
- Some speakers presentations didn’t really relate or match the description. We’re working much closer with speakers now so this doesn’t happen again.
- Side bars/rambling that is not podcast-related. Fellow members / co-organizers will be supporting guided convos so we stay on track.
- Travelling through rush hour traffic to get there. Hopefully 6pm will give you time!
- Going around the room with beginning intros about our shows/endeavors I think wastes time. We’re on it!
- Having to skip dinner if the provided food is just snacks. We’re getting pizza! If we can get a sponsor, we’ll improve food options.. Know anyone who wants to sponsor?
“What was the BEST part of the meetup?”
- Networking! (Angus Nelson – one of our co-organizers – is going to be designing better intentional networking)
- Seriously just being in a room full of people who are doing the same thing I am. I love that!
- Getting to meet fellow Nashville podcasters!
- Education & connection
- The people. Exposure to new info, tools etc.
- EC location is great! Also, it’s nice when able to cross promote other events that may help a podcaster. The EC has been gracious – Wednesday nights seem to work best there.